Student Identification Badges
Students wear identification badges (ID) for two main reasons. The first is in accordance with our school safety policies. Students with IDs can be quickly identified in the case of an emergency. Secondly, IDs are part of most school and work settings and we are preparing students for their next steps. The following are guidelines for student IDs:
- Secondary students are expected to wear their ID at all times. Elementary students are expected to wear their student identification badges when they leave the classroom and have them on at all times in the hallway, gym, and playground.
- Students will have their ID on when they arrive at school. If they do not have their ID, they will be sent to the office for a temporary ID.
- Students who are issued a temporary ID will return it to the staff member on duty at the car line at the end of the school day.
- Canteen privileges are suspended when students do not have their ID for the 3rd time. If the student uses the canteen for lunch, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich will be provided.
- After the third consecutive day of failing to have an ID, students will be issued a new ID. There will be a $5.00 replacement fee and this will be charged on the family RenWeb account.